Software Engineer Ruby on RailsCanada (Remote)
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
We are hiring in the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the United Kingdom, and are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in these regions without employment visa sponsorship.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description.